This job has been closed.
We are delighted to announce an exciting opening for a Trainee Watchmaker.
The fantastic opportunity starts with a year of full-time training (Monday to Friday) at the British School of Watchmaking in Sale, Manchester on the WOSTEP 1800 hours course. On successful completion of the course and successfully achieving the WOSTEP qualification, the role will then be based at our ROLEX accredited showroom in Preston, Lancashire.
The cost of the course (£9000) and tool kit (priced at £2,110) will be fully funded by Beaverbrooks and the training year fully paid, with benefits. The course and toolkit fees cover all essential tools, training materials and examinations necessary to complete the course.
The training course is based in Sale, Manchester so the successful applicant will already live in or be prepared to relocate to a commutable distance.
Following the successful completion of the course, the position will then progress to a service watchmaker role working alongside Senior watchmakers, gaining workshop experience, and working towards attaining ROLEX and other brand accreditations.
Please note that interview dates are planned and you will need to be available for the following:
- 1st stage – 16th September
- 2nd stage – 17th or 18th September
- British School of Watchmaking online test – completion by Monday 20th September
The close date for external applicants is Friday 4th September
For more information on the initial 12 month course, please see www.britishschoolofwatchmaking.co.uk
Following completion of the WOSTEP 1800, the role will include the following:
- Servicing and repairs on a variety of luxury brands and their automatic and quartz movements.
- Carrying out refurbishment of precious metals and stainless-steel cases and bracelets
- Achieving workload targets within agreed timeframes to contribute to achievement of department targets.
- Conducting and supporting training of trainee watchmakers and technicians for all aspects of watch servicing and repairs
- Developing and maintaining in depth relevant brand and product knowledge
- Attending in house and brand training
- Maintaining a high standard of work and keeping returns to a minimum.
- Supporting Lead Watchmaker
The Ideal Candidate
- Grade C or above in GCSE in English, Maths and one science topic – this is a compulsory for BSOW course entry
- A genuine passion for luxury watches and a long-term Watchmaker career in mind within the North West region
- Ability to pass the application process for the WOSTEP 1800 course which will include an interview process and a series of tests including mathematics and psychometric.
- Capable of following specific instructions to the letter and have a fantastic attention to detail.
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Patience and determination
- Capable of learning quickly
- Ability to prioritise workload
- The skill and dexterity to work with small technical components.
About The Company
We’re a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
From the very smallest details to the big important things. You’ll feel it in the warm and familiar way we talk to each other and you’ll feel it in the way we engage with the wider community, too.
As a company – we’re true to our word. When we say we’re going to do something, we go all out to do it. And every individual is truly valued.
Established in 1919 we now have 70 stores across the UK and provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £15 million to over 750 different charities.
We were awarded ‘Employer of the Year’ in The UK Jewellery Awards 2019 and have featured in The Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for 16 consecutive years –ranking number 9 in 2020. Recently further recognition has also been received at the Retail Week Awards 2020, where we were awarded 'Best Place To Work'.